The Pennsylvania Institution for the Instruction of the Blind, Overbrook, Pennsylvania


Accession Number: 2003.42

Scope & Content: Forty-page booklet of 39 (mostly captioned) photo illustrations showing the school buildings, grounds, students, and activities. Includes 4 pages of descriptive text. Paper covers are ivory-colored. Front cover has a color illustration of an aerial view of the school with "Overbrook" embossed beneath in raised letters. Booklet is bound with a narrow red cotton cord. Olin H. Burritt was the school's principal at the time that this booklet was printed.

Creator: Overbrook School For the Blind (PA)

Interview Date: / /

Credit Line: Museum Purchase, 2003.42

Administrative History: The Pennsylvania Institution for the Instruction of the Blind was founded by Julius Friedlander in 1832. The name of the school was officially changed in 1946 to Overbrook School for the Blind.

Subjects: Blind children. Education. Schools for the blind and visually impaired