The Little Professor of Piney Woods


Accession Number: 2012.27.3

Subtitle: The Story of Professor Laurence Jones

Summary/Description: An account of the founder and history of the Piney Woods Country Life School in Mississippi, a private school for African American students founded in 1909. Includes information about the school's blind department, which opened in 1929. Blind students were transferred, in January 1951, to the state's newly-opened Negro School for the Blind, located in Jackson. Paperbound with green cover.

Author: Day, Beth

Collection: Reference Collection

Credit Line: Gift of the Piney Woods School

Publisher: Messner

Publisher Place: New York

Publish Date: c1955

Subjects: African American students Education -- Mississippi Schools Schools for the blind and visually impaired

Physical Description: 192 p. : ill. ; 8.25 x 5.5 in.