St. Joseph’s School for the Blind annual reports

Report, Annual

Accession Number: AnnRep1.25

Scope & Content: Holdings: 1973-1982, 1985-1987. Printed annual reports document the school's management, building, and student activities. Reports list the board of trustees and advisory board, and include financial statements, receipts and disbursements, and black-and-white photo illustrations. Title of 1987 report: St. Joseph School for the Blind Annual Report. Other reports have St. Joseph's . . . .

Creator: St. Joseph's School for the Blind (NJ)

Interview Date: / /

Administrative History: St. Joseph's School for the Blind was founded in 1891 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Peace, and incorporated in 1900. Located in Jersey City, New Jersey, the non-sectarian school had a permanent school building erected in 1927. The building was demolished in 2010, three years after the school moved into a new building in the city's Heights section. In the 1960s, St. Joseph's became a school for multiply-disabled blind students. The school's annual report of 1973 was its first public report.

Subjects: Schools for the blind and visually impaired Education -- New Jersey Annual reports

Rights: Contact museum staff regarding reproduction of materials.