Seventieth Anniversary Exercises of the State School for the Blind and the Deaf, Raleigh, North Carolina, Thursday, November 4, 1915


Accession Number: 2000.145.83

Summary/Description: Contains the program and presentations of an event held in the auditorium of the State School for the Blind, North Carolina (now known as the Governor Morehead School), in celebration of the school's seventieth anniversary. Also, includes a reprint of an 1848 address presented by Rev. Samuel S. Bryant at the laying of the corner stone of the school's old main building. Paperbound; gray cover.

Author: North Carolina State School for the Blind and the Deaf

Collection: APH Collection

History/Provenance: The Governor Morehead School, located in Raleigh, was established in 1845 through a legislative enactment of the state of North Carolina. Originally called the North Carolina Institution for Education of the Deaf and Dumb and the Blind, the school's name was changed in 1905 to the State School for the Blind and Deaf; and, in 1964, to the Governor Morehead School, in honor of John Motley Morehead, former North Carolina governor whose legislative efforts in the 1840s led to the establishment of the school. Publication was among printed material collected by APH Controller Jane Kent and stored in her office.

Credit Line: APH Collection, 2000.145

Publisher: Edwards and Broughton Printing Co., printer

Publisher Place: Raleigh, NC

Publish Date: 1916

Subjects: Schools for the blind and visually impaired Schools for the deaf Education -- North Carolina

Physical Description: 62 p. : ill. ; 9 x 6 in.