Accession Number: AnnRep2.12
Scope & Content: Printed reports of the Royal School for the Blind, Liverpool, documenting the school's management, student, and building activities. Reports include financial statements; issued as a separate insert of "Accounts" in reports for 1972/1973 and later. A list of pupils admitted and pupils quitted appears in the 19th century reports. Black-and-white photo illustrations are in the reports of 1966/1967 and later. Holdings are incomplete; see container list. Title on reports varies.
Creator: Royal School for the Blind, Liverpool
Interview Date: / /
Administrative History: The Royal School for the Blind, Liverpool was founded in 1791 by Edward Rushton, who was blinded in an accident at the age of nineteen. It is the first school for the blind established in the British Isles and was originally called the Liverpool School for the Indigent Blind. The independent school was incorporated in 1829. The name changed in 1966 to The School for the Blind, Liverpool; and, in July of that year, to the The Royal School for the Blind, Liverpool.
Subjects: Schools for the blind and visually impaired Education England Annual reports
Rights: Contact museum staff regarding reproduction of materials.