Postcard, Wisconsin Institute for the Blind, Janesville


Accession Number: 2000.124

Scope & Content: Black and white photo of the front of the school building. Central block of building has 4 stories, columned portico, and domed cupola. Wings on either side are three stories with wrought-iron verandahs. Printed in the top left corner is "Institute For The Blind, Janesville, Wis." The back of the postcard is divided and used. Printed along the dividing line is "Novis No. 2307. Suhling & Koehn Co., Pub. Chicago (Germany)." A logo, approximately 1/4 in. square, with the letters S and K intertwined appears to the left of the company information. The postcard is postmarked 1908. See also similar postcards: 1999.44, 2000.52, and 2000.66.

Manufacture Date: 1908 postmark

Creator: Suhling & Koen Company, Chicago, publisher

Interview Date: / /

Credit Line: Museum Purchase, 2000.124

Publisher: Germany

Publisher Place: Germany

Publish Date: 1908 postmark

Subjects: Blind children. Schools for the blind and visually impaired Education. School buildings