Postcard, Louisiana Institute for the Blind


Accession Number: 2000.1

Scope & Content: The front of the postcard shows a color-tinted photo of the front of the red brick school building. There is an attached tower at the corner. A decorative iron fence runs along the front lawn, and a person is standing on a sidewalk in front of the fence. Printed along the lower left corner is "Baton Rouge, La. Louisiana Institute for the Blind." Directly above is a logo, approximately 1/4 in. square, with a painter's palette and a capital "T" inside a box. In the lower right corner is "F.W. Heroman, Pub." The back of the postcard is divided and has been used. Printed along the left edge is "Raphael Tuck & Sons' Series No. 2689, "Baton Rouge, La." Art Publishers To Their Majesties The King And Queen." In the top left corner is printed "Photochromed in Saxony;" and there is a coat of arms, approximately 3/4 in. square, with a lion and a unicorn. Beneath it is printed "By Appointment." At top center is printed "Tuck's Post Card." There is a postmark of June 12, 1908.

Manufacture Date: ca. 1908

Creator: Raphael Tuck & Sons

Interview Date: / /

Publish Date: ca. 1908

Subjects: Blind children Education -- Louisiana School buildings Schools for the blind and visually impaired