Postcard, Kentucky Institute for the Blind, Louisville


Accession Number: 2001.23

Scope & Content: Black & white photo of the front of the school building is on the front of the postcard. Shows a four-storied stuccoed brick building with a large central dome and a two-story, Ionic columned portico. Bare trees and some evergreens appear. Printed along the bottom left edge is "A 17113 Ky. Institute for the Blind, Louisville, Ky." The back of the postcard is undivided, addressed, and is postmarked 1907. Along the left edge is printed "The Rotograph Co., N. Y., City. (Germany)." A circular logo, approximately 3/8 in. in diameter, with a large "R" printed in the middle, appears in the lower left corner. Same photo is on another postcard in the museum collection. See accession 2000.112.

Manufacture Date: postmark 1907

Creator: Rotograph Company, New York, publisher

Interview Date: / /

Credit Line: Museum Purchase, 2001.23

Publisher: Germany

Publisher Place: Germany

Publish Date: postmark 1907

Subjects: Schools for the blind and visually impaired Blind children. Kentucky School for the Blind. Education. School buildings