Postcard, Kentucky Asylum for the Blind


Accession Number: 2001.67

Scope & Content: Color-tinted photo; shows the Kentucky School for the Blind, on the right, and the American Printing House for the Blind, on the left. The KSB building is multistoried with a large central dome. This building was demolished in 1967. The APH building is the original 1883 brick structure with arched entry and arched windows. A stone fence runs along both properties. Printed along the center top edge is "Kentucky Asylum for the Blind, Louisville, Ky." The back of the postcard is divided and used. It is postmarked 1913. The message appears to have been written with the use of a writing guide.

Manufacture Date: 1913 postmark

Creator: unknown

Interview Date: / /

Credit Line: Museum Purchase, 2001.67

Publish Date: 1913 postmark

Subjects: Kentucky School for the Blind. Blind children. Education. Schools for the blind and visually impaired American Printing House for the Blind. APH building. School buildings