Pittsburgh Branch annual reports

Report, Annual

Accession Number: AnnRep3.175

Scope & Content: Holdings: 1935-1940 (25th-30th); 1943-1945 (33rd-35th); 1970-1983, 1985. Printed and typewritten duplicates. A biennial report was issued for 1972/1973. "Pittsburgh Branch, Pennsylvania Association for the Blind," appears on reports through 1971; "Pittsburgh Blind Association" on later reports. Reports include financial statements. Printed reports include black-and-white photo illustrations.

Creator: Pittsburgh Branch, Pennsylvania Association for the Blind

Interview Date: / /

Administrative History: The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind, established in 1910, opened a Pittsburgh Workshop for the Blind in 1911. The Workshop was officially designated as the Pittsburgh Branch of the Association circa 1922, with a separate board of directors established in 1929. The branch offered rehabilitation and social services to blind and visually impaired residents of Allegheny County. In 1973, the board approved the use of the shortened name, Pittsburgh Blind Association.

Subjects: Services for the blind and visually impaired -- Pennsylvania Annual reports Workshops

Rights: Contact museum staff regarding reproduction of materials.