Halifax School for the Blind annual reports

Report, Annual

Accession Number: AnnRep2.6

Scope & Content: Holdings: 1871-1894, 1896-1909, 1911-1913, 1915-1925, 1936, 1938-1942, 1948, 1955, 1958-1968. Printed reports of the Halifax School for the Blind, documenting the school's management, student, and building activities. Reports include financial statements and a list of attending students. Black-and-white photo illustrations appear in reports for 1897 and later. Title varies.

Creator: Halifax School for the Blind

Interview Date: / /

Administrative History: The Halifax School for the Blind was incorporated in 1867. The school opened in Halifax, in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, in 1871. Originally called the Halifax Asylum for the Blind, the school accepted students from the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland. In 1977, the school was renamed Sir Frederick Fraser School, in honor of the man who served as its superintendent from 1873-1923.

Subjects: Schools for the blind and visually impaired Education Canada Annual reports

Rights: Contact museum staff regarding reproduction of materials.